News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

The Dragon Comics

Started by thedragoncomics, February 21, 2007, 05:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedragoncomics

Username: thedragoncomics

E-mail: thedragoncomics@gmail.com

Description: Dragon comics offers aspiring comic artist, writers, critiques, or people who just love comics, the chance to voice their ideas and opinions. It also offers artist a place to post their art work and the chance to create their own webcomics. Everything is free and easy. We accept artist of all skill levels and ages that way they can learn from other artist. We also have a links page created for all members that have websites and helpful tutorials.

The site adrres is http://thedragoncomics.tripod.com
Seeing is believing is always something I always believed in. The site has only been open for two months and we have had 1000 viewers and about 50 members join. I just want a better outlet for my site that more secure, and offers more space for my members work. Thank you for this opportunity.

tickyhead

....*cough* http://www.comicspace.com/

I'm just saying, it's been done. A lot. In many different forms, in many different places. I don't mean to be rude when I ask, "what makes your version so special?"

Aside from that, do you have any content that is actually your own, or is this just a community site where other people post things and you just do the (not so fancy) coding? If so, I suggest you turn back now. This is first and foremost a community for individuals that occasionally consider themselves "artsy", not a network of stand-alone communities like the one you have there. Huzzah individualism!

Also, why should Xepher allow you to offer hosting for comics and artists on his server using your template, when he could just as easily give them their own spaces if he deemed the content acceptable?

It just seems....flawed. Sorry. I'm sure everyone else will love you.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

Ticky is mostly right. I'm already hosting comics. Why do I need a middleman? To phrase it differently, what value does it bring to the community here for you to basically sublet? If you've got a good answer, then we can talk about some other details.