News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

New Forums!

Started by Xepher, May 15, 2007, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

Gonna use this forum software on the new server I think. After I went through all the trouble converting stuff to test it. I figured it made more since to switch to them now, so there's no need to do another entire conversion in the future. It seems to have properly imported all the data/users/etc. from the last forum, so I don't think there's a downside to things.

If you have trouble with things, let me know.

Some nifty new features include the ability to attach files/images directly to posts, better search functionality, great spam protection, spell checking, and many other things which I'm sure I haven't discovered yet. :-)

Xepher

So it occurs to me that "Hero Member" sounds pretty fracking stupid. Below are the postcounts/tags for the "stared" groups. Help me pick new names/requirements.

000 Newbie
050 Jr. Member
100 Full Member
250 Sr. Member
500 Hero Member

fesworks

I was never much for preassigned names... *shrug*

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Databits

Well, what "theme" are you going to use for the names? It's kinda important in the whole creation of the names themselves (also would be neat to have names for higher than 500's  :P).
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

fesworks

Yea, themes are always kinda fun.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

I don't know, that's why I'm asking for suggestion! :-)

Yeah, more than 500, I can do that too. If you'll recall, my old post count was slightly exaggerated. Converted to the new forum it triggered some easter-egg-like feature I couldn't disable. Rather than showing my post count or rank, it simply said "I'm a nerd!" for the count under my name. Anyway, I don't really care how it's setup either, so have fun. I'll probably change the titles from time to time too, just for the heck of it. Thus, any ideas/themes/etc are welcome.

Databits

I suggest science as a theme... now to think of actual titles.
(o.O)    

Witchiebunny

it's so...bright! O.o;;

Eyes watering...

Color scheme is a bit hard on my eyes (darker is better, in most cases) but other than that, looks spiff!

Databits

You can probably use another theme, if Xeph has them installed. Or turn down the brightness/contrast on your monitor. :P
(o.O)    

Xepher

I have themes disabled at the moment. It's probably gonna stay that way at least until the new server. Sorry.

griever

I was thinking Spore based stage names would be funny, but so far, I'm stuck at Molecular Mishap and Super Swimmer.  There's Tribal, Civilization, and Galactic domination phases afterwards.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

fesworks

y'know, this does not keep me logged in all the time :(

I checked my cookies... Xepher.net or www.xepher.net are not cookie blocked... :/

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Databits

Odd I don't have any issues, are you using IE or FF?
(o.O)    

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

I have FF 2.0 and I am logged in all the time....
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)