News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Art challenge

Started by phantasus, June 30, 2007, 08:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantasus

ok, so ,... since noone has answered why dont Xepher chooses the topcis? after all this is his forum.  :)

Xepher:are you ok whit this?

Xepher

Sure, why not...

How about "The world of tomorrow?" That is, a scene from life (expected, realistic, hoped for, feared, etc...) like 20-40 years from now.

dragyn

Here we go!

A Poster from the World of Tomorrow

Time Taken:  45 minutes, sum total.

Time Breakdown:
0.03 milliseconds for the idea (I've thought of it before)
4 minutes to sketch it out
35 minutes to scan and clean it up
5 minutes to finalize the file
1 minute to upload it

tickyhead

The future: giving new meaning to the "blue screen of death."

If you're wondering why her suit isn't shaded, well.....the prospects of "horror movie marathon" were promising. Err, I mean, it's a style choice representing the, uh, emptiness of the future. Or something.

I tried a new style of drawing where I don't actually draw, I just slap on the base colors then draw on those. Sort of like Samurai Jack in a way (god I miss that show).

time:
10 seconds for idea
5 minutes to sketch
47 minutes painting
7 minutes uploading and blabbing.
total: 59.1 minutes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a monster movie.

EIDT: oh yeah, also......BOO! I'M BACK!
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

phantasus

took me like 15 min, the idea came from when i resived an ipod nano as b-day present. i was showing it to one of my closest friends and he told me he was saving money to buy his when they came whit camara, celphone, voice recorder, etc. and we started taking about the ipod of tomorrow, even smaller and whit a lot of feathures, and also about all those useless gadgets that makes us useless.
someday we wont know how to do anything, gadgets and electric things will do everything for us.

by the way,
dragyn : i find your poster pretty funny and creative, i would have never imagined it. XD

tickyhead: i luv your image, it is pretty cool. specialy your color choise. do looks futuristic.

Databits

As you can see, I don't think we'll have much tech-wise to worry about in 20-30 years.  ::)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Gwyn

I'm gonna have mine up this weekend, I thought of it at work. I'm aiming for a quality higher than that pancake one :p.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Databits

You can't really tell due to the numerous filters I used, but that rubble in that picture is actually earth.  :D
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Gwyn

I for one welcome our cybear overlords. A little less than an hour I guess, I really lose track of time when I'm doing this. If I colored it I would have been at it forever!

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Omega0

In the future...
No longer will we have to settle for just one Bach piece to played at a time.
No longer will organs be the only instrument with nifty controls.
No longer will the neighbor with the barking dog be the most hated person on the block.

The Harpsicarillorgan with bells, pipes, strings and 100% more strait lines that I can draw.

(Plush fox on the music stand comes standard of course)

phantasus

ok, so, its been a week, or 2 acutaly. so i guess it is time to change topic.

since things still seem to be a little bit slow due to the last harry potter book. and im seeing harry potter related stuff almoust everywhere, why dont we make it the weeks topic?

just one thing, please, if your drawing contains spoilers to the last book, place a warning and , insted of the image, a link to it. just in case someone who have not finished the book is watching.   ;)

Omega0

My model waited just until I drew in the front paws and committed myself to the pose before walking around and eventually laying down.  Should have made more spirally things to hide my guesstimation.

phantasus

padfoot and wormtail were easy to draw, but prongs wasnt. first time i try to draw a stag.

phantasus

well , its been a week.
Xepher, can you choose a new topic

Xepher

I picked one already... and didn't even manage to post an image on that one or this. Someone else try. :-)