News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Northwest Road Trip

Started by Xepher, August 05, 2010, 11:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

So I'm about to embark on another road trip. This one is going to be the third week of august, and it's got two points. One, I'm looking for a new place to live, and secondly, I want to get in some good mountain camping. I'm still trying to nail down the exact dates and route, but it looks like I'm gonna be leaving the third week of august (the 21st) and flying to Seattle. From there, I intend to search for a new town/city to move to along the corridor between there and Eugene, Oregon. From there, a sharp left turn to Boise Idaho, where I'll pick up my brother and Will(san) and then drive north to Glacier National Park in Montana, to camp for a few days. From there, up to Calgary, then over for a night or two in Banff NP. Afterwards, Trans-Canadian Highway back to Vancouver and then return to Seattle and fly back to Houston on labor day or so.

Three things: First, I'll be offline for good chunk of that, so just a notice. Second, if any of ya'll live along that route and would like to meet up for a cup of coffee or a pint of ale or something, let me know. Thirdly, I really have no idea where I want to move to. I just know I've done Colorado inside and out, but I still want mountains. That region of western washington/oregon seems like it will have a good mix of cool weather and mountains, while actually maintaining a chance for me to find a job and have a social life. If anyone has suggestions about awesome places I should check out or consider moving to, I'm all ears.

Xepher

Halfway through the trip. Got rained out this morning while camping in Glacier, and drove through a snow storm on the way out. In Calgary tonight, then going to Banff tomorrow for a couple nights, then on though BC and back to Seattle then fly home on the 8th. God I love the mountains!

Databits

Did you want to meet up for a drink or something while here in the Seattle area?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Yeah... just got back into the US. In Bellingham tonight. Got three full days in this area, flying out on the 8th from SEATAC. I'll try and catch you on AIM.