News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

"a pessimistic sense of inadequacy" (CHALLENGE)

Started by fesworks, July 11, 2006, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

If anyone does not read DMFA, the strip is a based off of a few events, namely these:

Merlitz finds a Human
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_053.php

Dan turned into a human, messing with Merlitz
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_249.php

Merlitz teaming up with Aliyka
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_668.php

I think I did alright assimulating her two characters to my style:

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Don't worry, you're not being ignored. Things just tend to move slowly around here, especially when real-life has me tied up. I just got the super-fun news that I've got to work 17 hours tomorrow. Things like that really put a damper on my reviewing time. :-)

Munerift

Dare I say you're a really cool guy and I like your humor; I dont think you'll have any problems getting in. =P I had to wait awhile too. ^_^
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

dragyn

Hey, what I've seen looks all right.  You aren't ignored, I just don't tend to say much-- at all.

fesworks

haha, alrighty man, Sounds good. Good luck with work.

and if anyone wants to see some quick pics of part 1 of my camping trip, I have 25 (lower quality, from my cell phone) Pics at http://www.geocities.com/fesworks/camping.htm

I took some with film too, need to develop them yet, But still these are a good look at 3 different state parks in Minnesota. So if anyone is interested in looking at some nature... :P

And thanks for the comments guys :D

Alrighty. Probably the last comic before I least on Hiatus part 2 (Camping with my Brother for a couple days). Hope that the people saw my DMFA fan strip and liked it. I have no idea if I will make my comic in color... but I may try it a few times and see how I and other like it. Also, I'm unsure if I will be having my animal characters to start wearing clothes, but If you see from the 3rd panel here, that made some changes to make Ernst a bit more Anthromorphic than merely a "giant rat". Since I did originally want it that way.

Comic 21

Perhaps the next thing i'll do is to experiment with this strip in inking and color... to see if I can get some good looking results... we'll see.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Comic 22

By the way if anyone has a comment on the B&W vs Color comic, i'd like to hear it... Also, I have done some changes to the site if you have not checked it since the first few comics. http://www.fesworks.com

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Comic 24

Been wanting to do this joke for a while.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Comic 25

... had to get them out of the car.

This arc is already going to be 20+ strips... possibly 30+.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Comic 25 in photoshop color.... first time trying photoshop like this:

I plan to do a version in colored pencil too... Experimenting and all.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Inked and Greyscale Version:

I should have put more BG stuff in, But I'm experimenting.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

I'm actually liking the Inked with Grayscale... and the coloring looks MUCH better with the Inked version than merely taking the Original... but still would need to practice a bit more with PS Coloring and Shading.

With Inking, i'm doing better with not over-shading with the pencil, and actually getting simpler shapes and coloring, which was my intent.

So please, Comment away with these different renditions.... Also... though I know what Color Pencil looks like, I'm going to try and Inked + Color Pencil... I'll upload that another time.

But please, I would like your impressions on these styles.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Here is the Inked + Pencil...

can't figure out how to make the color come out more without messing with the Black and whites too much... Still, People have been telling me the Grayscale looks best.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com