News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Elimination Online Manga Site Application

Started by Rindesei, October 02, 2005, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rindesei

Name: Lindsey
Manga: Elimination
URL wanted: www.mythical-illusions.xepher.net/

Elimination is a Manga story that I, Lindsey, am creating, There are no partners, the story line, novel, and manga are being made by me.
I personally can admit that I am not very good at HTML work, so please do not be surprised that some of my sites are not of the best quality, I do try my best with the recourses I have.

The URL name that I would like to have would be: either Mythical Illusions or Elimination.

Elimination is a Novel but also a manga that I am making, each thing, the novel and the manga are both simaliar but share different aspects of the story.

Elimination is about an elf named Rindesei, and how she goes through her past and present. The Novel goes back futher then the Manga does into the past.

A list of all the main characters and short descriptions are here:

::Main Characters::

Rindesei- Class ::Royal Elf Warrior:: Main Character  Description: Green Blue long hair; Blue Pink eyes, Weapon of choice: Lengendary Dragon Jewel  (can munipulate multiple weapons) Royal Warrior Scar located across her eye with a gash like a dot  next to it indicating that she is a royal warrior.

Desuchini- rindesei's sister... Class ::Royal Elf Warrior:: although she really isn't the Warrior type. Weapon of choice: Traditional Medium sized Boomerang. Royal Warrior scar shaped like a moon under her left eye.

Chido and Jakukie - Rindesei's Human Friends:: Helps Rindesei with all sorts of human troubles such as school and even acting normal on the Streets.

Seanu- Rindesei

Rindesei

Once i get a tablet within the year or so I will have more colored version of different peices done, this laptop mouse pad does do anything for me in Open Canvas 4+

Tangle

Your website comes up as a page not found error message.  

If you're planning on making a manga, I would suggest getting at least a few pages done before you put up an application here.  As Xepher has said time and time again, plans really count for nothing.  

The instructions specifically state that your username must have "Only lower case letters, numerals, and the hyphen/dash ( - ) character."  This means no spaces of capital letters.  

Your Deviantart account has a nice amount of content, but it could do with a little more.

Rindesei

I am so sorry, my tripod site is:
http://destinyangel8350.tripod.com

I also aplogise for misleading and forgetting to describe that I do have 4 manga pages done. Although one is on deviantart, the others are not on the internet. I actually plan after I get 6 pages done to go back and redo them, make them neater. Sort of like Revising them.

And finally I am sorry that I forgot about that username rule, the username that I would like to have is.
www.mythical-illusions.xepher.net/

The username does apply to the story since most of the story is about myths and legends including Rindesei.
I am working on the revised page one as I type.
The first page one is in my Deviantart Gallery.

Rindesei

I have a question, (I am sorry if it is a repeat):
Can you use a pre-made layout?

Xepher

You can... Just be aware that your site is gonna be judged on content and creativity. Premade layouts (if they're obvious or cliche) are gonna detract from that.

Rindesei

Quote from: XepherYou can... Just be aware that your site is gonna be judged on content and creativity. Premade layouts (if they're obvious or cliche) are gonna detract from that.
Ok thank you

Orange_

pre-made layouts are layouts already made by other people and you get to download them and use them right?
Sorry...I'm very sure...:|

Lei

"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Rindesei

Quote from: Orange_pre-made layouts are layouts already made by other people and you get to download them and use them right?
Sorry...I'm very sure...:|
Yes

Rindesei

I just wanted to put out there that by this weekend I should have the revised manga pages 1-4 scanned and on the internet.
I also wanted to confirm that I am using a pre-made layout that does not revert to any other anime/manga. Im good at editing them, not making them. :/ :D
I am also making a layout by myself, when i get done both i will put the best one as the example!!

Lei

First off, I'd just like to say that don't depend on a tablet to do your work for you. A computer mouse works just fine in a lot of cases, and the only reason I would switch over to a tablet would be for saving time and the ability to change pressures. I've been working with a computer mouse for drawing, with or without the Photoshop pen tool and for colour and I've found it only takes a couple of weeks of practice.

And the fact that I have photoshop doesn't change matters either. I've used a lot of other computer programs before and it's just a matter of getting used to them. It just so happens I'm too used to photoshop's functions now :D

Also, there are a lot of comic applications to XN, so why is yours any different? I think you need a little bit more to hook us in. I, personally, think you need a bit more work before you try and create a comic, if not art-wise (cause it's rather pleasant already) then writing and confident-wise. I noticed a lot of cliches and Grammar errors in your application, and maybe that needs a little more work. (And if I'm being picky, I'm very sorry; I have english this semester, lol)

What I mean by confidence is while you have a lot of images, everywhere, I noticed that none of them are made by yourself. People generally don't mind, but sometimes the reader find it misleading to have someone else's art on your page, which is supposed to hold your gallery. If you aren't going to use your own art for icons and layouts and IDs, it tells the reader you aren't creative enough to make your own graphics. Whether or not that may be true, it's the impression anyways.

Good luck on your applications. And sorry if I'm nitpicky- like I said, I've got english this semester :D
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Rindesei

I would like to say first of all yea...I am personally a bad at spelling.
Secound my deviant art gallery is only my art exept for the ID, the ID was made before I even got my scanner working and I haven't had time to make a new one.
Also the Icon on this account is just something I came up with. I make another one just for you.
Third, I don't even have a regular mouse to work with, I got my finger and a small little pad on my laptop. I have Open Canvas 4+ that I am currently doing work in and I may say that It gives me more of a challenge then in Photoshop.
And fourthly, I would like to say thanks for the critisism.

Rindesei

I would also like to say that I usually use traditional tools so the manga pages will also be made using traditional tools, I am soo sorry for the delay but home problems have kept me from the scanner heh....
I assure you that every once in a while a new revise page of the manga will be made making it even better then the ones before it.
Thanks!

homeworld

Quote from: LeiFirst off, I'd just like to say that don't depend on a tablet to do your work for you. A computer mouse works just fine in a lot of cases, and the only reason I would switch over to a tablet would be for saving time and the ability to change pressures.
Repetitive stress injuries (rsi) exist! Get a tablet, it's better for you.